Monday, April 20, 2009

Maureen Wittmann Has a Brilliant Idear

If you're getting short on pens and pencils don't go out to the store to buy new ones. Just do what I do -- put your hand in between the cushions of your sofa and you'll be sure to find anywhere from 5 to 10 pens and pencils. You'll save a ton of money doing this.


And how.

I don't think I've bought a pen since at least 1996, my freshman year at Loyola, when I started finding and keeping left-behind pens at Cudahy Library, which were there in spades (as they surely are in most any other library).

Then, when I started teaching, I was forever finding pens on the floor at the end of the day, which I gladly made my own.

Now, I find, free pens seem to be everywhere.

2 comments:

The Dutchman said...

Last time I went to the Field Museum with Willa, we found $1.25 in quarters under the seat cushions of a couch.

sunnyday said...

Hey, I'd better be more on the lookout for these things. So far, I lose pens & pencils more than I find misplaced ones :-)