In partnership with Planned Parenthood, ICAH is part of a coalition whose goal is to strip all funding of abstinence education for Illinois schools and instead require them to use condom-based sex education programs.
Last year, ICAH held its annual fundraiser at Playboy's executive offices.
That event -- view the invitation here [PDF] -- included a VIP reception with Playboy CEO Christie Hefner, the daughter of Playboy founder Hugh Hefner. Several years ago, Christie decided that the company could make more money by producing increasingly harder-core pornography — something that even her father was reluctant to do for a long time.
This year, ICAH's annual fundraiser -- an adults-only event, of course, just like last year's -- is being held at Stone Lotus, "Chicago's premier liquor spa". It also promises "A Neo-Burlesque performance by Michelle L'amour", who is apparently known as "Miss Exotic World 2005".
You can view the invitation here.
If you go to Michelle L'amour's website (as you'll see below, it's pretty obvious why I won't link directly to her site), you get a message that says this:
The Official Michelle L'amour website contains depictions and discussions of a sensual and/or sexual nature. Though this site is NOT pornographic, it is not intended for viewers under the age of 18 and should not be viewed by such. By entering this site you certify that you are over the age of 18, otherwise legally able to access this sort of material and are not offended by it. By deciding to view this site you are agreeing that you morally consent to such material (that includes but is not limited to frank and often humorous depictions and/or discussions of a sexual nature). You further agree to hold the performer known as Michelle L'amour and the creator(s) of this website harmless in any legal matter that might arise from your viewing of or gathering information from this website. If you feel in any way that such material as is contained herein might offend you on any level you should not proceed.
As I said after last year's event at the Playboy headquarters, doesn't this tell us everything we need to know about the advocates of so-called comprehensive sex education?
- Have a Listen
- What Really Goes On In "Comprehensive" Sex Ed Class
- Very Sad
- Playboy in Bed with “Comprehensive” Sex Ed
- When did Playboy Become Respectable?
- A few months ago, I spoke on this topic in more detail at TeenSpeak 2007. CDs of that talk, titled “What Are Adults Thinking? On ‘Comprehensive’ Sex Ed”, can be ordered here [PDF].
- Project Reality explains that the rumors of abstinence education's failure are greatly exaggerated.
- Project Reality comes through yet again, giving a proper smackdown to the Illinois Campaign for so-called Responsible Sex Education's latest attacks on abstinence education. (The ICRSE is a joint project of ICAH and Planned Parenthood/Chicago Area.)
(Cross-posted at Generations for Life)